Coastal Management Plan 2011-2015
NORTHERN BELLARINE FORESHORE PLAN - Draft
A key project for Bellarine Bayside has been the development of the Northern Bellarine Foreshore Plan 2011- 2015 ('NBFP'). The NBFP will establish an agreement between Bellarine Bayside, the Department of Sustainability & Environment and local communities as to how the coastal areas of the Northern Bellarine Peninsula will be managed. The NBFP will:
- identify the variety of interests, needs and aspirations in relation to the foreshore areas of the Northern Bellarine Peninsula
- articulate a shared vision for our local coast and foreshore areas
- identify environmental, heritage, social and recreational values
- set clear objectives & strategies for the uses, protection, enhancement, development & maintenance of the foreshore and develop a management plan for those areas
- plan, cost and schedule priority action, works and projects for the next three years and identify likely sources of funding
- clarify the roles of various entities and stakeholders in foreshore planning, development and maintenance
- encapsulate the strategic vision for the foreshore areas of the Northern Bellarine Peninsula in a master plan
An important sub component of the Plan has been the development of a Coastal Trail Plan. This exciting process has been supported and advised by our enthusiastic Coastal Trail Reference Group. A draft of the Coastal Trail Plan is now available (see Draft Master Plan link)
We are very grateful to the City of Greater Geelong for their expert advice and financial contribution ($30,000) to this Plan.
The NBFP will be used to guide subsequent development of landscape plans and works for the foreshore.
Community input and participation in the development of the Plan has been a vital part of the process with the Draft Plan made available for public comment.
We were delighted with the level of community interest and constructive comments received. A summary of the community consultation is available via this link: Community Consultation Summary.
Please feel free to contact either myself on 0418 387 312 or our Chief Executive Officer, Vin McKay on 5259 3311 if you have any enquiries about the NBFP.
Cathy Whelan, Chairperson
on behalf of Bellarine Bayside Forshore Committee of Management